View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 10:09 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enna70 View Post
It's a good idea to still go through with the ortho...if you feel he is focused too much on the bone issue, have him write a script, if he's willing, to see if you have RSD/CRPS, nerve entrapment or some other nerve issue....this might help a little for that neuro doc to take you one....key...might...
I had an EMG/NCS in late March 2014. Confirmed peroneal nerve palsy. My ortho at the time said while it was "close" to requiring surgical intervention, he wanted to take a "wait & see" approach. My current ortho has zero clue what RSD/CRPS is and doesn't really care as far as I can tell. My PCP diagnosed it as RSD/CRPS my first visit with her. I am, after almost 2 months, on LESS gaba than I was when my last ortho took me off of it(in June 2014) because there wasn't enough improvement. My insurance requires my PCP to write referrals to all specialties. She has so far written for ortho, endocrinology and neuro. Ortho wrote for PT but the eval alone left me unable to bear weight for the remainder of that day and I have had a variety of issues since. I can't move forward but I can't stay here either.

Last edited by Always_Believe; 03-27-2015 at 10:10 AM. Reason: added dates
Always_Believe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote