View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 10:35 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi and Welcome,

So sorry you had to come find us! It seems reasonable to let people know what you are going through IF you feel totally comfortable doing so on FB. However, there is a LOT of misinformation out there about CRPS and if they look it up they may end up with info that is incorrect and a perception you don't want. You might want to consider giving them a disclaimer about this if you are going to do that or direct them to a reputable source of info. http://rsds.org is helpful. Or you may just want to share info in a different way.

Ignore the doomsday scenarios and horrible photos online. These are the worst cases. Many of the experts, even the biggies at Cleveland Clinic, believe that 80% of people improve over time. Staying positive helps your recovery and is not unrealistic given this statistic.

Starting rehab is imperative. Aqua therapy is great for CRPS, especially when you can't weight bear. I spent nine months on crutches total after 3 foot/ankle surgeries in a year so I understand. PT is the way out, just make sure it is gentle and you keep pain flare to a minimum. You want your nerves to calm down. Keep the limb moving, do flexibility exercise even when you can't walk and try to keep swelling down with epsom soaks and light compression if you can tolerate it.

You said you had test after test. That is good, this is a diagnosis of exclusion. If they did not check nerve conduction or look for signs of entrapment then have them do so. It can mimick CRPS. Arm yourself with information. I always recommend Dr. Pradeep Chopra as a resource. He gives a load of info on therapies and treatments in a talk called "CRPS Diagnosis and Management" by Pradeep Chopra on Youtube. It is about two hours long and will answer many questions. Lots to learn!
http://youtu.be/s3LKhOZ8mAM

Hang in there and come here when you need to vent. You are not alone. Channel your anxiety into determination to get better. Taking care of yourself, checking VIT B and D levels, getting clean nutrition and light exercise WILL make a difference. Don't fret about starting out slow. I started at a couple minutes on the exercise bike, learned to walk again in the pool and now can walk a mile consistently. It will take patience and grit but you can do it!

Sending Healing Love,
Littlepaw

Last edited by Littlepaw; 03-27-2015 at 12:25 PM. Reason: link issue
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (03-27-2015), ger715 (03-29-2015), LIT LOVE (03-27-2015)