View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 10:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Temporal lobe deterioration?

I recently had an MRI (symptoms of sudden onset dizziness and balance problems) and I was looking at my results rather than waiting for the report. There appears to be a rather large hole where part of my left temporal lobe should be, I think. The scary thing is that it would explain cognitive problems I live with and laugh off (to the best of my ability; what else to do about it?!). I'm 48 but have had incidents that caused severe but temporary cognitive "off line" episodes-maybe leaving damage. For a while now, I sometimes use the wrong word in conversation because I'm thinking of two things at once. I used to be very successful at multi tasking but not anymore. Even driving, I find I gave to really focus because if I think of something else, I'm not thinking about where I'm going or doing. Same with conversation.

Any thoughts? I don't know how to post my MRI but my guess is that it's at the level of the pons and cerebellum; the right cortex is there but on the left side, anterior to the cerebellum, is a gap and anterior to that, cortex, and anterior to that is my eyeball.

Last edited by Friedbrain; 03-27-2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Lobe not line!
Friedbrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (04-04-2015), Lara (03-27-2015)