View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

s4d,

Did you actually see the oral surgeon who performed the extractions? That is who you need to see. Not another dentist or doctor or nurse.The surgeon will know what took place during the surgery and he should have recorded all of that in his surgical notes.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Unfortunately, your physician (MD) can only prescribe drugs because he has no clue about your dental surgery. Drugs are never without side effects or interactions with other things. So although they may be okay to use short term, I hope you realize that it may not be wise to look to this as a long term solution.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4d1984 View Post
Thank you for the replies.

I have been back to the dental hospital where I had the extraction this morning. They gave me 100mg of Tramadol and said that if it worked I should call my gp for a prescription. They are also going to see me again next week to see how things are going. Unfortunately, although the Tramadol did help me relax quite a bit it didn't do much for the pain. I have rang my gp and explained all this and he has prescribed me Lyrica which is apparently specifically for nerve pain. I have just taken one now so fingers crossed it does something because I am really at my wits end now!!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote