View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 12:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default How do we earn a living through this?

I am curious to know what others have experienced with trying to earn a living through this?

I tried to go back to work half-time after 4 months of recovery. 7 months later I realized working was making things worse, so now I am fully out of work again. I realize now that I may not be able to return to my previous job - I ran a farmer training program and an educational farm for a non-profit land conservancy. I loved my job, but it is both physically and mentally demanding, so I'm trying to accept the fact that I may not be able to return to it.

Right now I am struggling with figuring out what type of work I can do. How do we figure this out? Would neruopsych testing help with this?

How do we earn a living though when we are trying to rest and allow our bodies to heal? Do we need to try and claim disability? But then how do we "prove" disability?

I have a friend that had a severe TBI with brain damage that shows up on scans. He receives disability benefits and does not have to work. Can this apply to PCS patients?

Thank you and take care.
RidingRollerCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote