View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 04:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
When I had lupus alone, I felt that I seem to not get colds as easily as others.

Many years later, I was dx'd with Sj. Syndrome, although I had some slight symptoms of it much earlier.

With the Sj. Syndrome and the weird nasal dryness associated with it, I seem to be more prone to sinus infections. I think, although not positive, excessive nasal dryness, makes one more prone to irritation and therefore perhaps more vulnerable.

Washing my hands A LOT and eating correctly has been helpful for me.
I have had Hashimoto's for about 14 years now and then came RA and some others including small fiber neuropathy. Until a month ago when I came down with flu - which turned into pneumonia - bugs have flown straight past me. I did have one brief exception when got up to 20mg of injectable methotrexate with Plaquenil - then I got sick bug followed by heavy summer cold but finally had to come back off MTX and Plaquenil because of GI problems and angioderma/ hives.

I've had allergies all my life - usually idiopathic. Eczema, Alopecia, rhinitis, angioderma have dominated much of my younger life. Then the eczema and alopecia went completely overnight - no change in diet or lifestyle apart from the cat dying and stopping using oil paint. I asked a professor of connective tissue diseases if he thought my history of allergies related to my autoimmune story and he said many of his patients had similar histories to mine and he thought these were connnected - fight of flight etc.

I was just coming here to ask whether anyone knows why I might have been so ill lately despite being 9 months off immune suppressant meds. My RA symptoms have never returned in over a year and the nerve pain is now just localised aches and the odd shooting pain and lots of icy extremities - not quite full blown Raynanuds but the burning feet and hands have gone. So weird - it's as if my body is too busy focussing on coughing to have the energy for anything else?

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote