View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 05:15 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

ProAgonist,

I too have a recurrence of symptoms with even minor bumps. I am in a run of several unrecovered injuries on top of one another, so at this point, a very small bump causes problems for me. (Grazing my head against the side of a wall, or even throwing myself exhaustedly back on the bed is too hard.) Everyone wonders how I hit my head so much. I think they also "bump" or "graze" their head like that, but it just doesn't affect them because their head is not a bruised up mess.

As for the anxiety, I have done some CBT and it is effective. Fear is an appropriate response in the case of real danger, and you can learn to distinguish that. Best wishes.

Julie

For the 5-10 years prior to that I’ve had what I now realize were possibly 20+ undiagnosed concussions or sub-concussions. Likely most of these result from Duane's Syndrome, for which I now have prism glasses. Have successfully done vestibular therapy and plan to start vision therapy.

Current companions: Significant depression, anxiety, hyperacusis, difficulty with verbal expression (recall & word mixups), mild spacial/vestibular issues. Feelings of disconnect in relationships.
AndromedaJulie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote