Thread: Weight
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, since the prevailing wisdom that carbs are responsible for weight gain, I'd say start eating more healthy carbs in whatever form you body can tolerate. That's assuming you don't have blood sugar issues of course.

For example, eat a lot of beans, fruit, dairy, and whole grains. Bananas esp. are loaded with carbs. Likewise, sweet potatoes are loaded and are really good for you. Popcorn is a good carb-laden snack with fiber, and put butter on it! Nuts are loaded with calories, healthy fat, and some carbs. Cashews are one of the higher carb nuts.

Here's a good article from the New York Times that summarizes the results of an NIH-sponsored research study on low carb vs. low fat diets for weight loss and heart health. If you believe what the results of the study say, then to gain weight, you want to up your carbs. Of course you would want to try to do healthy carbs instead of junk and sugar-laden foods. Although personally, I would allow for nice high fat ice cream.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/02/he...diet.html?_r=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for gaining weight other than the obvious: eating more? I was thin to begin with and over the past 2.5 years I have lost 35 pounds and still losing and I am now too thin.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (03-28-2015), Enna70 (03-28-2015)