Thread: Weight
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 06:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is all very useful information, thank you very much.

It is a real challenge to eat healthy and gain weight simultaneously but based on your great suggestions, I am going to try to incorporate more healthy (and just a few unhealthy) fats, carbs, fruit (esp. bananas), cashew and almond butters, whey protein and to eat more often. The thought of sitting upright at a table and eating a complete meal, I just can't imagine it at this point. It is the PN, no eating disorder or anything like that. Frequent, smaller amounts are going to work better for now.

Mrs D - Digestively (), I do not have gastroparesis but rather autonomic issues. My PN started in my hands and worked its way up, arms, feet, legs, central and now internal. It is really not good (then again, is any neuropathy good??) I have accumulated a mid-sized pharmacy of supplements and drugs and cannabis products (I don't smoke though).

Is casein as good as whey? This is what I am taking: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And could creatine help? I had a physical recently and everything tested ok and no kidney problems.

I really appreciate the support on NT. I do not have a supportive family life. They love me but they are self-absorbed and do not seem to understand just how bad my PN is or even what it is. No one has taken the time to educate themselves. I have tried explain it but have given up and now I say "I am doing just fine" as I watch my body deteriorate. Anyway, I don't know what I would do without you all here to exchange ideas, help and hope. I hope one day we can all get better.
beatle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-28-2015)