View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 05:10 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink Karl Martens: Stunning bird paintings and video:

I was online last night in bed with my iPhone...I often read WetCanvas or read books, trying to fall asleep. Sometimes pain rules my nights....sigh.

So I found this really fascinating and stunning painter linked there, and I thought to share him here. You don't have to be a bird watcher or artist to enjoy these.

This is a Google page search of his works. They are for the most part very large.
https://www.google.com/search?q=karl...g&ved=0CCMQsAQ

Watercolor is extremely difficult, but very rewarding and has unique qualities that lend very well to nature subjects, landscape and portraiture. It is very obvious to me that Karl Martens is working mostly right out of his own imagination and visual memory. He is a very focused person as the video below illustrates.

This video is amazing too... watching a very large painting evolve.
http://www.cricketfineart.co.uk/video/4/

I put up a few weeks ago here, some of the work of Scottish painter Keith Brockie....he works from nature (birds) too. But Karl Martens takes it much further...the process of painting. IMO.

I find there is a connection to training the mind for living with chronic pain as I have been forced to do, and training the mind for creative pursuit. They are both journeys and require discipline. The bow and arrow segment of the video shows this discipline well.

I hope you enjoy these paintings as much as I have this weekend.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (03-29-2015), EnglishDave (03-29-2015), Jaime_S (04-03-2015), Lara (03-29-2015)