View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 08:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins88 View Post
Thanks CM

Still awaiting my results from my sleep deprived eeg a few weeks ago. Nothing yet. Called dr friday and they still hadn't received them.

The sleep deprived eeg went like this.

Try to lay there with eyes closed. I did for a few minutes, then they said I was about to fall asleep. So they decided to have me do the lights then the hyperventilating. After that they told me to try to fall asleep but I couldn't.

Still curious why it's taking so long to get results but im assuming the tech would of told me if I had a seizure. If you don't mind can you read my last few posts on this topic and give me your thoughts. Also im 30 years old. Thanks!
Well.. if you didn't fall asleep, then the most informative half of the EEG is missing. Being sleep deprived in itself has no value. Its falling asleep that counts. I would complain to the doctor that ordered the test about how it was done. As far as needung to urinate.. I've never heard of that having anything to do with the test. People who have GTC seizures (the 'big' ones), can lose bowel or bladder control during the seizure, but it doesn't sound like you had a seizure during the exam.

I can't say how results are handled other places, but at my hospital Only epileptologists read EEG's. They are read the day of the exam. A report is put on the patient's record and if there are seizures or unexpected abnormalities in a patient who is not being treated, the ordering physician is notified by phone immediately. If I were you, I'd call the testing place and ask them directly how to get the results. As a patient you have the right to get your medical records. However.. since you didn't sleep, it may again be normal. Next time the testing question comes up with your doctor, I'd insist that he find a place for you to go that will truly give you a chance yo fall asleep and run the test longer than 20 min.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote