View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana View Post
Answering your question Soccertese. I had an appointment with a new neuro, since my previous neurologist went to a pharmaceutical company and stopped practicing. The neurologist asked if my quality of life is affected, the answer of cause was yes (as for all of us to a different degree). She suggested to try a low amount of sinemet. But during the discussion she changed her mind to rytary due to the fact that I am levodopa naive, so I don't have to do another medication switch later on.

After 7 days I feel better and see some benefits. Though I think I am experiencing wearing off effect: in the evening I am getting very stiff and tight. I did not take sinemet and can not compare.

that's interesting that you didn't try sinemet first and went right to rytary which is much more expensive, hopefully your insurance will pay for it. wonder if this neuro participated in rytary trials.

normally there is a sinemet honeymoon for the first few years where taking it 3 times a day is sufficient and there is no wearing off - your body is still producing enough dopamine naturally and you still have the nerve cells functioning to store dopamine.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote