View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 03:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

[QUOTE=madisongrrl;1132371]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuroproblem View Post
LLMD ethics seems very questionable, the fact that they dont accept insurance raises a red flag.
/QUOTE]

It's not that they don't accept insurance, it's that they can't. They don't follow the CDC standard thus there is not a way for them to bill insurance.
Yea thats one of the reasons they dont accept insurance, because they would have to find guidelines, and they would make a bigger profit by not accepting insurance, from my understanding private doctors get a fixed amount for each visit to the office. Without insurance the LLMD can charge you as much as they want.
I almost convinced myself to see an LLMD, based on my neuropathy issues, but i figure that my symptoms are probably not LYMES(not enough symptoms to suspect). and i figured those LLMD are more trouble than thier worth. i know there is a whole population out there that believes in "Chronic lyme"
You already are aware that some of the LLMD practices are questionable, its good to do research on them before investing in them. In california, some of them have yelp profiles.
Where and who is diagnosing you with those NEUROPATHY disorders? is a rheumatologist or neurologist.
Neuroproblem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote