Thread: Kitty Trouble
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 12:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Here, Kitty Kitty!

Thank you all, so much! for your replies. My cats finally both did make an appearance this morning at about 5:00 a.m. I was able to keep Scout in, but Crockett made quick work of escaping back out into the suburban wilds of Sherman Oaks.

I then enlisted the help of a guy who is working on the doc's house next door, describing Crockett (who is a walking hat reference, for those of you old enough to remember the Davy Crockett coonskin caps… his tail does an excellent imitation of one!) and asking him to let me know if he saw him. Sort of explained the situation, and the guy seemed very sympathetic.

He rang my doorbell about a half hour later and told me he had chased Crockett into my backyard. So I was able to entice Crockett to come inside, but in the process Scout got out again! But I feel better, knowing it's just a matter of time before Scout makes a reappearance, as he is the more bonded of the two, at which point, unfortunately for them they will have to become inside cats… at least for the foreseeable future.

I really, really hate to penalize my outdoor-loving kitties because of my neighbors' bad behavior, but don't see that I have any choice in the matter, at this point. At least I know they are not being kept inside their home under lock and key. For that at least, I am grateful.

Mrs. D, I am so sorry this brings up painful memories for you. We don't have coyotes or bobcats or anything where I live and there is very little traffic on my one-block-long street… But there are pet dogs and, as it turns out, a whole little family of neighbors on my block who pose a threat if I wish to keep these wonderful cats.

My daughter has taken this opportunity to lecture me on the perils of letting your cats be outdoor cats. I had to ask her to please stop, as I feel bad enough already. I know she is just trying to help. This just feels so unfair; at the same time, of course I want to protect Scout and Crockett from harm. They are probably pretty confused now as to who belongs to them, but hopefully by keeping them close (once I manage to get Scout safely inside!) and inside my home, everything will start to clear up for them.

I'll probably wait a week or so before offering the peace pipe to my neighbors. Really don't want any lingering hard feelings over this. Have to think about it though, as they were pretty darn nasty to me yesterday… for no good reason that I can think of.

Thanks again for your support. Means a lot to me.
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (03-31-2015), Lara (03-30-2015)