View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 03:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question Anyone with RA and small fiber neuropathy - Imuran?

During a bout of pneumonia 3 weeks ago my pain almost entirely disappeared. Now I'm getting better it's flaring madly. No visible swelling - just acute nerve pain in feet and right up legs to top of thighs - same with hands up to shoulders. Does this sound like RA or immune mediated neuropathy?

Seeing GP (UK) on Wednesday and meant to be starting Imuran once chest is properly clear. Anyone else get nerve and joint pain as a combination? How do you distinguish if so? Are these part of the whole and has anyone found relief from suppressing the immune system? Ive tried Amitriplyline, Gaberpentin and Cymbalta plus Methotrexate and Plaquenil - nothing has yet agreed with me - severe reactions to all but Cymbalta.

Dry eyes and dizziness especially dominant just now with the pain. Pain is like inner nettle rash with funny bone pain. I'm no longer sure RA is the right diagnosis for me. :confused

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote