View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 05:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you, Camp and Mark.

Yes, Lumosity sounds like it must have a mighty big subscription base and so it must have great merits.

Keeping engaged with whatever program/app and self-monitoring are pretty hard, I'd have thought, but I must try out some progs/apps and see how thy feel.

+ I'm sure you're absolutely correct, Mark, that it's very early-seeming for cognitive rehab for this guy, + "generalizing" to real life from brain-training exercises is hard or unlikely, + working to a small screen is tough in itself and maybe next-to-impossible for him for the time being.

And your other point, Mark, about 70+ efforts being best put towards symptom-management (and re-injury avoidance) is certainly also both wise and correct.

Thanks very much indeed.

... It's interesting and alluring to think about verifiablly catalysing cognitive improvement in whatever ways, and also to wonder about the extent (and brain locations) of neuronal regeneration (at any age). Both DIY brain-training and regeneration have become more prominent in recent years, but I'd love to find well-researched state-of-the-art summaries of what's known (or sensibly thought likely) so far.
Paul B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote