View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 07:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Welcome Summerfreeze,

I agree that the feeling of apathy you are describing can be indicative of depression. Not all people experience sadness or tearfulness. Fatigue, loss of enjoyment and interest in activities, loss of motivation, emotional flattening, sleep and appetite disturbance - too much or too little, nausea, withdrawal from life by isolating...all of these are symptoms of depression. In some presentations of atypical depression, anxiety is a strong feature. I would not rule out this possibility. Talk with your doctor and remember that therapy and antidepressants go hand in hand. Sometimes antidepressants are needed to allow the therapy to work if a person is so low that participating is difficult.

I would also encourage you to explore the possibility that the nerve symptoms you describe, headache etc may NOT be related to the emotional flattening. You could have two different things going on. Be mindful of meds that might be prescribed for nerve symptoms, some of them can lower mood. Some antidepressants can address both nerve pain AND mood.

Sending Healing Love and hoping you find relief soon,
Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (03-31-2015)