View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 08:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Its tough trying to explain my situation to people, especially those who met me after my incident. To them they see me as perfectly normal. I say I have a brain injury but I don't have anything that is abruptly noticeable.

We went to a friends birthday party a few weeks ago and there was 8-9 people, three birds free flying in the house, two very large dogs and music going. So i pretty much tuned everything out and went on my phone (bad for the brain I know but I had to do something). I guess it wasn't really appreciated I did that but I mean there were three different conversations going on at the same time. How does anyone expect me to be able to actively participate. And again this was at the end of the day so i'm already pretty spent by then.

I am just very tired of people reminding me of how I am not living appropriately. I live in a rather hostile environment so I am strongly considering leaving school to find a job that pays enough where I can live on my own. By hostile I mean my family will purposely instigate me.
RJam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (03-31-2015)