View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 10:00 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
just curious, have you been diagnosed with pd by a neurologist or are you just self diagnosing?
I am "just" self diagnosing. I cannot find a good reason to go get a label put upon me at a time when it will do me no good. I know from your previous responses to my posts that you think I am a "faker" .. or whatever.

The fact is that a diagnosis of PD is highly subjective, given that PD seems to be a wide range of symptoms. Just for the record, I do not relish having PD in the least. There aren't any single neurological diagnosis' that fit exactly, and thus it seems you are pushed into a diagnosis of PD.

I have restless legs (diagnosed), more than decade long tremor (much worse when under stress), more than decade long urinary incontinence (even though my prostate is quite small according to the doc), lost my ability to smell, difficulty focusing my eyes, declining balance, ED, and some recent years of depression. I stuttered as a child as well.

I have NOT had nightmares, dementia, shuffling gait, nor constipation. Though I've had a mild tremor for over a decade it could be incidental, or at least I thought so till I found my left hand shaking uncontrollably about 1-2" while in my lap a week or so while under stress. I think I'm early in the process and as I stated above I'm gonna do everything I can to address it early.

It's entirely possible that I have a B vitamin absorption dysfunction, especially given the way I've reacted to B2 and B1 in high doses. Great if that's the case though as per the study referenced in post 1, ALL of the PD patients in that study were found to be B deficient. So is that a flag for PD? Who knows? Neuros don't even test for that stuff. I'm focusing on dealing with my symptoms and hope that doing so will keep me far away from canes, walkers, wheelchairs, and rest homes.

What was your first clues about your PD? I'm assuming that you have a diagnosis ..

Last edited by BreezyRacer; 03-31-2015 at 01:41 PM.
BreezyRacer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (04-20-2015), moondaughter (04-03-2015)