View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 02:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightcloud View Post
I just recently signed up as a forum member though I have been a visitor for some time. I have had RSD since 1992 (over 20 years) though I wasn't diagnosed until several years later.

Does anyone use amino acids and/or related supplements such as 5-HTP, GABA, L-arginine, etc. to help with anxiety, depression, and insomnia? Do you know of any vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, herbs, etc. that might be helpful?

I feel like I have totally forgotten how to have any happiness or pleasure in my life.
Hi Brightcloud,

Like you, I have had CRPS a long time. I was dx after a carpal tunnel surgery in 1990. Well, not right after, you know how that goes......

After many years I learned how to manage it, most excellently. There were days, weeks, I didn't even think about it. I always "under-did" with the one limb, but my life included meaningful volunteering, child rearing, even travel to exotic places.

Then in 2013, a Morton's Neuroma that was bothering me went all CRPS-y and now each and every day I get more and more depressed. I used to swim, walk, garden, bike, go out into the world with friends and family. Now I measure my life out in 5-10 minute walking increments and like you I can't seem to find any joy in my life anymore. Even the vibrations from being pushed in a wheelchair make the pain escalate and I have become more and more isolated and I don't know how to do it again this time.

Since I haven't really introduced myself officially here yet, I guess this is it, but I wanted you to know I am sorry you are in such a rough spot.

I know about five years ago I was trying to get off my last CRPS drug. I had been on it since 1999, so it was a horror and someone told me about Seriphos -- a cortisol-regulating nutrient called phosphorylated serine for insomnia. I never tried it, but I wonder if you could find someone where you live who might know something about it. Like others here, I use Melatonin and I just started Nortriptyline 10 mg. two days ago.

The link below has some information about Seriphos.

http://www.moodcure.com/correcting_cortisol_levels.html

Best,
Down-in-the-dumps, Darcy
Darcyreid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-31-2015)