View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 06:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
We could start a one fuzzy sock club. I use a commerical size bucket for soaking to the knee. I bought mine at Home Depot. Even a regular bucket from a dollar store would give you better coverage. I buy a big ole bag of Epsom salts at the grocery since the price is much better that way. A little extra Vit C should be fine, gotta beat those free radicals. I take 500mg chewable daily just because I am entertained by things as simple as chewable vitamins

Sending hugs,
Littlepaw
I just realized I slid right over the bucket suggestion!! I know I have some 5 gal buckets I could use. So...the BIG questions:

1) Do you only use the epsom salts when you're having a flare?
2) How exactly do you know it's a flare? Most of the time I am in too much pain to want to even walk - regardless of my previous activity. I wake up hurting. It hurts to stand on my leg/foot to walk to the bathroom. It increases throughout the day even if I'm lying in bed with it elevated/sitting on the recliner with the feet up/moving or going through boxes/driving/walking...
3) Is there any other suggestions? I know to avoid ice, but what do you do when it's a "hot" flare? Most of the time it just feels so cold and nothing I do gets it warm enough.

I am so confused and trying to learn and accept what is and what may always be.