View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 07:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Some people with chronic foot swelling make an everyday thing out of Epsom salts. I use them occasionally depending on the type of pain I'm having and my mood. My repotoire of things to do is pretty big so I seem to cycle things in and out. My foot is set off by overheating so I dissolve the Epsom salts first in hot and then mix the temp where I want it. My best fix for a hot flare has been cooling in plain old, no salts room temperature water in the bucket. I will set the bucket up outside and lounge in a patio chair just soaking after a walk. This makes take down easy since I just knock the bucket over into the Rosemary. Course you need mild outdoor temps for this!

The Dutch treatment guidelines recommend n-acetyl cysteine for "cold" type CRPS. I think it's 600 mg 3x daily but you should check the guidelines if you are interested. It is a free radical scavenger and also encourages vasodilation.
Don't worry about accepting what may always be just yet. You have finally just started the PT process and still need PM! There is still recovery potential. Work on accepting what is right now and try (I know it's hard) not to project too much onto your future.
LP
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Always_Believe (03-31-2015)