View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 08:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Some people with chronic foot swelling make an everyday thing out of Epsom salts. I use them occasionally depending on the type of pain I'm having and my mood. My repotoire of things to do is pretty big so I seem to cycle things in and out. My foot is set off by overheating so I dissolve the Epsom salts first in hot and then mix the temp where I want it. My best fix for a hot flare has been cooling in plain old, no salts room temperature water in the bucket. I will set the bucket up outside and lounge in a patio chair just soaking after a walk. This makes take down easy since I just knock the bucket over into the Rosemary. Course you need mild outdoor temps for this!

The Dutch treatment guidelines recommend n-acetyl cysteine for "cold" type CRPS. I think it's 600 mg 3x daily but you should check the guidelines if you are interested. It is a free radical scavenger and also encourages vasodilation.
Don't worry about accepting what may always be just yet. You have finally just started the PT process and still need PM! There is still recovery potential. Work on accepting what is right now and try (I know it's hard) not to project too much onto your future.
LP
I also need a patio!

I think what I am looking at with the what may always be is that I have had the signs/symptoms of RSD/CRPS for over a year. I have had zero rehab on my peroneal nerve palsy. All my prior PT was for my knee. And that all failed miserably, most likely due to the RSD. From everything I read, I am nearing the end of the high percentage of remission/recovery and I have a PCP who wants to go slower than molasses running through an Alaskan pipeline. I am looking at what I need to be able to make it alone. How to take care of the pain so the pain doesn't eat me alive (and right now, it's about to). How to get just enough rehab to function. Yes, PM is a must (did I mention the doc my ortho referred me to is the PM group I used to work for?) but with my daughter's wedding next week, there's not much going to get done until maybe Mother's Day. Every day without PM, neuro, PT is a day lost. My ortho so eloquently reminded me on my way out yesterday..."Baby steps"