View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 10:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Roker said on the Thursday's Today show, "Remember that controversial Olympic logo for the 2012 Olympics in London? Some folks have complained that the campaign actually sent them into epileptic seizures. Others say it's just downright ugly. Well, we asked you to weigh in on our Web site in an informal poll; and those of you who could get up off the floor after shaking around..."

Then on Thursday's 'Today' show (June 7th), around 8:04 a.m. while he was delivering a weather report from Milwaukee, Al said "I started joking about it. I want to make this clear - I was not joking about epilepsy or anyone who suffers from epilepsy. We understand and know that this is a serious affliction and would never joke about that. We were joking about the logo - not about epilepsy. If anybody was offended, I heartily and really humbly apologize. Today's poll showed that 80 percent of viewers thought the logo was inappropriate."

Well if he "claims" that he was not joking about epilepsy or anyone who suffers from it, then we need to ask, Who exactly were you refering to when you said " ...those of you who could get up off the floor after shaking around"?[/I]

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets away with what he did.
Bruce M. *I'm not a doctor, but the recipe ingredients that I exchange for understanding epilepsy, contains the knowledge of what I've learned and experienced due to having epilepsy myself. Doctors work with epilepsy; We live with it. Get the facts.
batman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote