View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Thank you both for replying.

He is 23 and I'm 24. He has had a NeuroPsych assessment done, he's seeing a psychologist who is doing Biofeedback with him, as well as working on teaching him relaxation techniques. As far as I can tell my bf is pretty well aware of what his symptoms and limitations are. Lately, he has started to realize what activities aggravate his headaches, and that he should avoid them. However, this includes screen time (mainly computer), which is hard to avoid nowadays.

I guess my main problem is how to be a better supportive partner for him. He lives with his family right now, with whom he does not have a good relationship at all. There is always plenty of arguing going on in the house. Due to their poor relationship, when he decides that a task or situation is too much for him, I feel that he does not communicate enough about how he is feeling and why he cannot live up to their expectations. This results in the family getting angry with him and thinking he is rude or lazy.

I don't want him to feel like he is suffering alone or that he doesn't have somebody to be there for him. Which is why I was concerned with getting frustrated with him when I shouldn't be. I want to be that person for him.

Mark, thank you very much for the links that you pointed me to. I found them very helpful and enlightening. Don't be worried about overloading me, I'm on here to learn. And I will suggest to him that he talk to somebody about feeling depressed. I've experienced what depression can do to a family, so getting help as soon as possible is important.
NatEng is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote