View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 04:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Where can I a good 4 or 5 point saliva cortisol test at home

I've had a lot of physical and psychological stress in the last year. One side effect that I believe is tied to this is a few months ago I started waking up at 4-5am and am unable to get back to sleep. Before my sleep schedule was about 1230-8.

It doesn't really matter when I go to bed. If I am not able to sleep until 2am, I wake up at 4-5. If I go to bed at 9, I wake up at 4-5. I also started waking up usually once a night. Usually around 1-2, but I fall back asleep when I do.

I've dealt with it by trying to go to bed earlier, but the earliest I can fall asleep most days is 1030, which gives 6 hours of sleep (I am unable to nap during the day).

I've heard cortisol levels getting screwed up due to chronic physical and mental stress can cause this problem. I'd like to get a cortisol salivary test that tests for 4 or 5 times during the day.

Does anyone know a good company that makes one that I can order on my own w/o me having to go to a Dr (seeing a dr will cost many times more than doing this on my own).

I want to rule out cortisol as a potential cause of my insomnia. Anyone know?
Pinochet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote