View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Vichen,

It is not wise to contact dentists and ask them to pull out your teeth. You need to be clinically evaluated with radio graphs of all of your teeth. This is not something that can be done without a dentist physically seeing you.

Anytime a tooth is root canaled, the bacteria from that chronic infection stemming from the non vital tooth travels through the blood. Therefore, the adjacent teeth to the root canaled tooth can become infected from that bacteria. Extracting a tooth here and there as they become severely infected, while keeping other root canaled teeth will not stop the proliferation of bacteria as it is still residing inside of the teeth that are root canaled.

An extraction site next to a root canaled tooth can become infected from the adjacent root canaled tooth. That infection can develop into a osteonecrosis or osteomyelitis (cavitation) in the bone. Again, the infectious bacteria associated with non vital root canaled teeth is not limited to just that tooth or the surrounding area.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by vichen View Post
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for your reply. I actually contacted many dentists including oral surgeon for pulling out all my root canal teeth. Unfortunately most of them disagree the idea of pulling out them,even the holistic dentist I talked with. And most of them highly recommend implant which i don't think is a healthy way either.

Now my major concern is I got two molars extracted 2 years ago, and both of them neighbering with a root canalled tooth,does it mean the infection from those root canalled teeth can penetrate the bone and prevent the extracted sites from proper healing and hence cause cavitation ?

So do you mean if I want to pull off root canal teeth, I better have them removed at one time but not one by one? Thanks!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote