View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 07:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
With me, it's not just stress and anxiety that worsens my symptoms, it's excitement as well. Whether it be positive or negative stimuli, I have to continually tell myself to calm down lest I pay the price.

I feel fortunate, however, that my neurologist kept reinforcing, "Don't think you're crazy. This is really happening to you, but the problem is we just don't know why."
I also can't be "too excited or silly" or upset, scared, sad, or angry. If I laugh, I have get nerve pain in my ribs and abdominal muscles. Its unbelievable. I'll be laughing and then the pain comes and I'll feel hurting and exhausted as though I could pass out. Its a cruel reminder in the times that I lose myself that I am brought back to this disorderly state my body has me in.

Then there are the other emotions.....

If I'm sad, I'm weak.
If I'm angry, I'm sad.
If I'm hungry, I'm shaky.
If I'm tired, I'm shaky.
If I'm scared, my pain is out of control.
If I'm having a lot of pain, I'm scared... and then the pain gets worse.

State of mind has a profound effect on the nerves especially.
I'm improving my meditation practice and getting better at letting the emotions pass through.
Not easy.

Also, OP,
Two years ago when my symptoms began, I went for a full workup and all they could find was orthostatic hypotension. After a few weeks of knowing something wasn't right, the results that came back were not a big deal so I felt less scared. I convinced my self that I must be going through a sudden anxiety phase of life and for a while I thought my symptoms were gone. It is easy to see now that I was in denial but even so, it was better than living in a state of fear.
If the symptoms didn't progress and get worse then maybe I could have continued acting like bothersome things weren't going on. I hope for you that what you have is minor and that anxiety is just making it seem worse.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (04-04-2015), EmilySH (04-02-2015)