View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 08:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to hear that Ice. The difference between the best days and the worst days is baffling indeed. I comfort myself that both have moved in the good direction though, where during the best days I have no pain or discomfort what so ever. But falling back to a previous level (with discomfort) makes you scratch your head, and can be very discouraging. It leaves you wondering "what am I doing wrong now?"

As for the fish oil - it all depends on your current diet. I know it sounds a bit like snake oil*, and if you currently eat a lot of fresh fish it might not really help you at much at all, but it is a fact that for most of us our diets lack (for several reasons) omega 3 fatty acids.

I know that it helped me a lot. It could be coincidence - I'm skeptical enough to take that into account - but I don't think so.

* anecdote: it is assumed that snake oil actually used to be a real thing, taken from sea snakes from the Chinese sea, and ... containing a lot of omega3. But then it was copied and the bottles filled with "whatever" - hence the saying. Mind you, it's a nice story, but it could be an amusing hoax.

Edit: although, this is a good read: http://patients.about.com/od/decisio...a/Snakeoil.htm
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (04-04-2015), newstown (04-03-2015)