View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I think I mentioned this before--

--in another post that Roxie made, but "neuropathy" and "myopathy" are two seperate categories. The first refers to problems with nerves, the second to problems with muscle. The biopsy that Roxie had undoubtedly found pathology with both--something that is not uncommon with certain autoimmune diseases, toxic exposures, and vitamin/mineral deficiencies. There are also some infectious agents, such as Lyme, that can damage both types of tissues.

Given the long list of conditions she lists, and the fact that she had gastric bypass surgery, I'm wondering to what extent this may be due to nutrient deficiency and/or some ongoing autoimmune process.

It would be very good to go over the charts at www.lizajane.org and check out what tests have been done and what may still need to be done--while the charts were designed to be comprehensive as to causes of nerve damage, they're actually quite useful as work-ups across a wide variety of medical conditions (since neuropathy can be a symptom of so many medical pathologies).
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote