View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 02:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 6 months post last incident

So here I am, 6 months after my latest head bump. Mostly I'm doing pretty good. I don't drink alcohol, consume only a small amount of caffeine and monitor my sleep. I'm vigilant about paying attention to where my body is compared to my surroundings. I can almost pretend everything is okay.

Yet today I'm at work, in my kiosk at the mall, about to have a surprise panic attack because of the noise level. This sucks. It rarely hits me like this. I've gotten, by and large, accustomed to the noise level at work and I know the places I need to avoid. I keep with me all of my "tools" for when an attack threatens. This has hit me completely out of left field.

I just want to be normal again. And I know that I am in my new normal. I won't go to concerts or movies again because the loud noise and brights lights will bring on an attack. I have only attended church a handful of times because the pitch of the organ and of the singer will bring on an attack. I'm wary about doing anything to physical for fear of hitting my head again.

I hate this.
What Happened: 3/6/14 I was leaning in to pick my phone off the floor of my car and hit my head on the door frame. No immediate problems but I woke up the following day with blurred vision, nausea, fogginess and memory issues. Headaches came the next day along with speech problems. CT scan was clear. Took a few weeks off work. Went back for half days for two weeks.
Then: 4/14/14 While still recovering from the first concussion I hit my head on the edge of my desk. Immediate headache, nausea and blurred vision. Doctor referred me to a neurologist who prescribed physical therapy for my neck, as I get incredibly stiff/sore necks daily which helps to bring on the headaches. Doctor also referred me to a counselor, who is helping me to cope with the anxiety and panic that has come up in my post concussion world. I deal with severe sensory problems and the frequent bout of aphasia.
And Then : 10/6/14 I was cleaning something (ok cat puke) up from underneath my new glass table when I stood up too fast right into it and voila, trauma #3. I was out of work for a month and a half this time. Noise problems, aphasia, etc.
Socks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote