View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 09:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa14 View Post
Hey merlin and tecari. I don't mind u dropping in on us tecari, glad to hear from u, I agree with merlin u definatly need a new neurosurgeon! R u on any seizure meds? Dean was really bad when he was on them, falling and stuff. Merlin hope u r doing well. De'an has been referred to a behavioral medicine institute, which deals with chronic headaches and the depression that comes along with the shunt. He is very hopeful. I hope they can help him. We r both getting to the end of the rope. Appt is the 17th. Tecari good luck to u!
Hey Lisa, Dean, Tecari,
I have an appointment with what is called the pain management clinic here, which sounds a bit like your behavioural Medicine institute. I have a bit of a concern with it tho as from all reports they point the finger at a psychological problem as a starting point. My very first appointment is with a head shrink dr. Its taken them 2yrs to make an appointment, so I'd better attend or they'll say I'm a non cooperative patient (again). I'm not expecting any miracles, in fact I'm expecting them to comeback at me with psych meds because, as one dr put it "you can't be in that much pain, you must be unstable" TSK
So I go along to their appointments and go '...yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir...' and then manage the best way I can.

Please tell Dean not to take their judgement too much to heart. In the beginning I took it very much to heart and it got me way, way down. I must admit almost to the end of that rope. That was when I decided I have to manage this for me. Not them. Their information is useful but to think they have ALL the answers only lessens your options. Try to think outside the medical box. I use massage, hydrotherapy, relaxation techniques, alternative medicines and in combination I get some relief. As they say "Don't be putting all your eggs into one basket", use the whole arsenal at your disposal to your own benefit, whether it's medically approved or not. If it works, who cares what the dr's think, if they can't help, then help yourself any way you can IMO.
Merl1n
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote