Old 04-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi Folks,
Most of the time I am posting on the Epilepsy Forum but my husband has back surgery last week for spinal stenosis and I was wondering if any of you that have had this type of surgery could tell me how long it was until you were able to drive and the pain went away. It's been a full week now and my husband is still in a lot of pain and isn't driving but he wants to drive this Monday and I don't think he should. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You! Thank you for your help and time.

Sue

Usually the hospital gives a list of "to do" items, doctor instructions, etc. before leaving hospital. If you do not have this list would be best to contact doctor either way.

Did your husband have a laminectomy (removing some of the lamina)? This is to open an area or areas of the spinal cord being compressed.

It's been about 9 yrs. ago when I had my spinal fusion. At that time I also had a laminectomy done to relieve the worst area where spinal cord was being compressed due to spinal stenosis.

Again, I definitely suggest your husband contact the doctor before attempting to drive.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-17-2015), Lara (04-04-2015)