View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 01:44 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default healing

Hi Sam,

Sorry to hear about your injury and struggles. Amazing how life can change in an instant. We share the light sensitivity and numbness symptoms.

It has been about 6 months since my accident and I also tried to push through working full time up until March. It doesn't work!

I wanted to share the analogy that my vestibular therapist gave me yesterday. Non-injured people are able to subconsciously filter out the
irritating noise, lights, etc. that are so bothersome to us, and they don't need to make an effort to do so. Likewise with vision, balance, and
just thinking clearly.

Post-injury often we no longer are capable of those 'automatic' processes, and they now require a huge portion of our mental 'fuel tank'.
Any tasks, etc take longer than they used to, and that's before even factoring in the cognitive strain.

So as everyone has suggested, you need a plan to allow yourself to heal without draining the fuel tank on a daily basis.
Been there, done that!

Try to think of the big picture-- high school kids that don't understand the situation are only a temporary presence and way less important than
the rest of your life!

Obviously you are smart since you are capable of A's and you are seeking help here. It will get better and you have youth on your side.
Being well-rested may also help with the depression.

Take care,
Grace
_Grace_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SamG11 (05-06-2015)