8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi Cresent Moon,
I've been on 10 or more AED's (sz. meds) only to find out I am drug
resistant to all AED's out on the market now. My Dr. did a DNA test on
me and matched up my body chemistry along with the enzymes in my liver
to find out I was drug resistant. The AED's that I'm taking now that have helped me the most is mysoline, Diamox, and Vimpat. I also take vitamin B12 once a day and that has really reduced my sz.

Before my brain surgery if I got to hot it would trigger a sz. for me especially when taking a shower but since that time I no longer have sz. do to the heat. The Dr. removed 75% of my right temporal lobe and all of my right hippocampus and this reduced my sz. 50-60% and now I have fewer complex partial and most of the time I just have absence or simple partial (aura) sz.

Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You,
Sue
Wow.. you've really been through a lot, Porkette. You are on some medicines that are often tried on hard to treat seizures. And the resections you've had are impressive.

Some of the things we hear from patients that can trigger seizures include lack of sleep, heat or over-exercise, and a lot of stress. Sounds like you've found a connection between your seizures and lack of sleep and heat.

Keep taking care of yourself like you're doing and hopefully that will keep seizures to a minimum.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote