View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 05:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks AnnieB3
Yeah - I'm kind of hoping it's B12 deficiency as well as there is hope of reversing some of the recent damage. Some however may be irriversible as it may be due to an extremely late AD diagnosis (2010) which I suspect caused a small stroke. Still can't get them to check that as the Endocrinologist doesn't seem to consider the neurological aspect of Addison's as relevent.
I've been researching through MrsD's B12 sticky on the PN forum so am ready to start treatment but need the diagnostic tests first. My B12 serum numbers have always come back as in the 'normal' range but they have dropped by more than half over 5 years - enough to finally get my GP to investigate further.

Rockenmama your situation is also of interest to me as MG is one of the secondary conditions that can be associated with AD. I hope you're able to get the help you need as it sounds like a tough condition to deal with.

As for Northern European ancestry not sure - like many Kiwis I'm a mix of English, Irish, Scots but 4th generation NZ born. What is the significance?
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote