View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 06:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
Without a doubt, the anxiety that I have experienced has been a direct result of the PN, not the other way around.
Absolutely for me too.
I didn't understand why all of a sudden after 38 years of life, I was suddenly having symptoms of panic and anxiety.... dizzy spells, palpitations, tingling, and terrible orthostatic hypotension (I didn't realize were my autonomic system under attack). I was so healthy and fit when this started happening that I decided it must be a sudden anxiety disorder. I figured it was hormones, stress....whatever. I am fortunate that the doctors that I have been to have taken me very seriously. Only one brushed me off and said "fibromyalgia" was my diagnosis. The other doctors who diagnosed me and who see my lab reports say that I have acquired secondary anxiety due to nerve pain and autonomic dysfunction.
The brain fog, low blood pressure, and delayed cognitive function that I have at times and the shooting pulsing nerve pains and weakness do cause me to be anxious. I am now an anxious person because of this. It is hard to work on that when it is being caused by a physical manifestation, although I still believe so much in the power of the universe and the mind that I still meditate everyday and feel hopeful that things will work out ok.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (04-04-2015), echoes long ago (04-04-2015), madisongrrl (04-04-2015)