View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 02:33 PM

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member

I can't remember what the E stands for exactly(medical terms),but the PS is Peramidal Syndrome,the E might be Extra for Extra Peramidal Syndrome,but I'm not possitive about the "E"!
But what it is ,is,it makes my eye's roll back into my head,and I get cold sweats really bad,to where I'm just soaked,and cold at the same time,and I drop to the floor and curl up in almost fetal position,and get really shaky. It can last for hours unless you get something to counteract the medicine that caused the reaction,just a side effect drug,or an anti-histamine works to! Like once I got it while shopping at Wal-mart,as I was leaving the store,with my step-mom,I grabbed the cart so I wouldn't hit the pavement,and she helped me into the van,then she ran into the store and got a box of benadryl,and a drink for me to take some to stop the EPS. After I took the benadryl,it took about 30-35 minutes to stop the reaction. And then I found out it was the Zyprexa that caused it, that was the only medicine I was on that had the ability to cause EPS! So I was taken off it immedietely! And continued taking benadryl for a few days until the Zyprexa was completely out of my system.I would take cogentin with a medicine that I'm on that I know can cause EPS,I just didn't know Zyprexa could! And the Dr.didn't think it would! He didn't realize how sensitive my body is to any drug that can cause it! Once I didn't have anything to take for it when it hit me at home,and I had to just wait for it to wear off,and it lasted almost 5 hours!

Justice
Quote:
"You Can Do Anything You Put Your Mind To." -*My Dad*-
Justice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote