Thread: Spouse of CRPS
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 10:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Littlewife, my wife has RSD now for 13 years. She injured her wrist in which RSD came about and spread. It took her 2 years to ask me for help, leaving me to wonder what was going on (she kept it all a secret from me). She worked with the disease for 4 years until she couldn't work any longer. As stated earlier, its a journey. Your husband will feel guilty as though he did something wrong or is worthless etc...Stress levels will increase causing more pain. Try to head these off, try to be as stress free as possible. I became her advocate-I went to every one of her doctor appointments. In our situation stress was killing my wife more than the RSD. Stress is very bad for those with nerve conditions, especially with RSD. Eventually things got much much better in our relationship, although her RSD is very well present. Our stress is way down, thus she's able to deal with her pain much better. Also, RSD changes overtime. I can only say from what I've observed is her pain was much more severe-acute in the first few years of her condition (took almost 4 years for diagnoses).

She also built a tolerance to narcotics, got tired of doctors eyeballing and pee testing her as though she was a drug seeker and told them to shove off. She takes vitamines, anti-infamatory drugs, moves around the house as much as she can and ends the day with two Gin and tonics.

Keep in mind WC is a nightmare to deal with for any situation across the board. Its like that with SSDI and some ignorant and lazy doctors. Keep in mind, your family feels like its trapped in a box and no way out. But, your family will get out of the box, things will calm down, but it will take sometime. Just be patient, and keep plugging away dealing with WC.

As far as your husband returning to work? Never say never, it could happen, maybe as a cook, maybe as a owner-manager. Time will tell. Lets pray he does with a big smile on his face!!

Last edited by Jimking; 04-06-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (04-06-2015), Littlepaw (04-06-2015), visioniosiv (04-06-2015)