Thread: Too much B6?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

If you were taking the vitamins when you had the testing, the result is only reflective of that. The ranges were made using values from people NOT taking any vitamins.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no ranges existing for people currently using vitamins.

If your sample was not handled properly and the cells burst during the handling...then the B6 in them will register higher in the serum. This is a common problem with potassium testing as well.

You should stop the vitamins several days before any testing.
My doctor now has reports when doing my tests...that the sample was lysed. (this means the cells had ruptured). This can happen when a very fine needle is used, which I have to have because my veins are so small. So my last potassium reading was considered "high" because of the lysed (burst cells).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (04-06-2015), Lukesmom (04-06-2015), zkrp01 (04-07-2015)