View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 01:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
baba222 in the medical literature on conversion disorder its clearly stated that the diagnosis of conversion disorder can only be made after the presence of possible neurological conditions have been examined and tested for and subsequently ruled out. in your case as well as many others ive read about on here, it seems that psychological causes for peripheral neuropathy are being advanced with little to no testing or examination. this is a great disservice to the patient.
Basically lazy way to diagnose people, i think some private groups make more money by having you constantly on psych meds, because this is a chronic issue, they get a stead stream of income.
psychosomatic disease, involves having both physical and mental disoders.
My pcp is only interested in the mental part, and even went as far as to reccommend a therapist, because she believes my symptoms dont exist, except in my head. She dint even believe i went to the ENT for my nosebleeds , is for the right reason, lol(she look at my kaiser records from 2013,), she could be basing the diagnosis, off the ent i was so ****** about.
i suffered from seasonal nosebleeds from 2009-2013, never knew the cause of the nosebleeds, i suspected something, until a new ent took the time to look at my nose.
@baba222, neuropathy doesnt need to be caused by neurological issues, it can be caused by autoimmune diseases, vitamin deficiencies, or genetic disorders, which are not directly neurolgical.so neuropathy is usually a secondary constellation of symptoms, of something underlying. I posted many times on many sites. when i first noticed my loss of sensation, i was actually have myclonic and hypnic jerks, that were similar to the side effects of diphenhydramine, but somehow they dont even believe that is part of my symptom list. as well as unusual and frequent twitching which i have some weeks. No one seems to have loss of smell or reduced taste on this board as well.

Last edited by Neuroproblem; 04-07-2015 at 01:53 AM.
Neuroproblem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote