View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 03:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Bryanna.

Things have improved somewhat but are still no where near where where they should be. The Lyrica didn't seem to help at all so I am back on Tramadol.

I still haven't seen the consultant who did the extraction as apparently he never seems to be there. I have seen someone else though who was the first person to put my mind at semi-ease a little bit. He did an x-ray to confirm there was nothing left from the extraction (there wasn't) and confirmed the damage to the nerve. I am seeing them again in approx. 3 weeks from now. The pain is currently fluctuating between severe and sharp, to dulled but is always constant. The numbness is still present in my lip, chin and lower teeth and gums. I also have burning sensations, which are apparently a good sign that something is happening.

They have said all I can do is bear it and wait and see if/how the feeling is returning next time they see me. He said nerve damage takes up to a year to repair and so it is just a waiting game. I am back at work and eating better so that's something compared to the absolute hell of before, although I'm still worried about what the final out come of all this is going to be!
s4d1984 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote