View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 07:28 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Dear Eva,
Your strength should be held up to marvel at. I, also, take medicine not drugs. I am scared of being addicted, the amount I have to take to function. I worry that my Depressive Personality Disorder and Addictive Personality go hand in hand. That is one of the reasons why, every February, I stop my pain meds one at a time for as long as I can bear, physically. It was just a few days this year, but I break the cycle.

I meant to put in my first Post - to give you a general idea of the state I was in with no physical effects - daily consumption was around 5 pints of beer and 10 double whiskys, weekends pushed up to 8 pints and 16 doubles. This was at my worst, before I quit. I now abhor the thought of drink, the smell makes me nauseated - thankfully.

We are so lucky here to have the NHS. We all pay in a percentage of salary, we pay a set fee (minimal) for each rx med for a week/fortnight/month supply, or if you are a cancer sufferer left with medical issues that need treatment you get them for free. Before this I used to pay for a Yearly Certificate - less than $160 total for 10 meds monthly for a year. I will hear nothing against our system.

Keep fighting the Big C, I am about 20 months clear so you can do it. We will battle our Depression together and the other issues and pains can all be Consigned to H…!

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-07-2015), ger715 (05-01-2015), RSD ME (03-26-2016)