View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

You read in one of my posts, that I had help??? Let me know which post, so I can call that person up!!! lol

No, there's nobody. I'll be brutally honest. When family members found out about my son being aspergers and having a gambling problem, not one person ever asked about him in 5 years. People are just not comfortable.

And forget about asking us if we need any help. I believe people have their own issues and their own stories and their own needs. I found that out years ago.

So I've learned to payfor what I can afford, cook all meals (and Alan now gets more involved because I would kill him if he didn't). No really, he's a lot more involved in helping me because no one can do all these things. But I am the one that makes the appointments, speaks to the doctors, orders the stuff, helps the nurses when they need help with the stuff, (holding a pole, or holding his arm, or whatever). I mean, someone has to do it and I'm here so I'm the one.

Take for example what I did today. I had to go on the avenue to make a big wash. So I put the clothes in the machine. The wash takes 35 minutes. I went to various produce stores because vegetables can vary by $.69 cents a pound, so I walk up and down and check and get the best value. Then I got stuff in the hardware store. Then I went to the supermarket and bought other stuff. By the time I get back to the laundromat, my wash is ready to go into the dryer. I put them in the dryer, then I go to the fish store, and I even had time to get my eyebrows waxed. That takes all of 5 minutes. So I take my parcels, go back into the laundromat, take out my clothes, put them in the bag, walk home. Then I started to cook dinner. I said to myself "Am I tired because I did lots of stuff today?? or am I tired because I'm almost 60 and when you're my age, you get tired".

I hope I got tired because I did lots of stuff today.

I just fed the King, and I will now eat my fish and salad. And I'm hungry. Boy am I hungry!!!

lol, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote