View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

On March 22 my husband and I flew to DC to participate in the Parkinson's Action Network (PAN) conference where we learned about PD issues for two days, then spent the 25th marching around to various offices of senators and congressmen from our state encouraging them to support PD legislation. The experience was most worthwhile and hopefully will produce some positive results. While at the meeting, I (and several others) came down with apparent food poisoning. While I tried to cycle at the hotel, my efforts were meager to say the least, a few minutes and I was done. I thought I was better, but when we returned home, the bug returned or a new one took its place and I was sick again. Yesterday was my first normal day. This meant that I went from March 22-April 5 without cycling. I learned that, just as it's tremendously important to take my meds at the same time each day, it is also imperative that I cycle consistently. Without the cycling I started to lose my balance and bump into walls now and then. My feet began to cramp, not much, but noticeably and I had absolutely no energy. These may have been the result of the illness or the lack of cycling or both, but I am feeling much improved now that I'm back on the bike.

Have a great day.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Betsy859 (04-08-2015), Bogusia (04-08-2015), soccertese (04-08-2015)