View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 12:25 PM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
I am having a skin biopsy on may 20. The neuro has given up on me. She and others did mri's and some blood testing, emg/ncv on lower leg and lower arm and everything has come back normal. I had to push for the biopsy. they say it's "all in my head". I have never had mental issues, barely even went to the dr. There is no medical help for me here. I see so many people that have relief with 10mg of nortriptiline but yet it does NOTHING to me. not even make me sleepy. I have the best diet, taking vitamins, excerising a bit (even though it causes extreme pain later. nothing helps. just getting worse. I feel like there is no medication help for me either b/c the nortriptiline isn't making a dent. What are people taking and what doses.
I think you will find that those getting relief with "only" 10 mg of Nortriptylene are taking it with a second drug, such as neurontin (gabapentin). I don't think that anyone just taking 10 mg of Nortriptylene is getting good relief from symptoms as major as yours. NO drug is likely to give you 100% relief and very few of us do, and good relief may be more along the lines of 50%

You still haven't anything to lose by taking 50mg of Tramadol with a FULL glass of water. It will take a couple of hours before you may notice anything.
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (04-08-2015), en bloc (04-08-2015), madisongrrl (04-08-2015), Susanne C. (04-08-2015)