Thread: new member :)
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 06:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default thank you

Thanks Dave, I went a few days ago in desperation after the bank holiday weekend and asked specifically to be referred to a neurologist but unfortunately I didn't get anywhere with it.

It sounds like you've had similar frustrations!

I will definitely follow your advice, I think that sometimes it takes a bit of a push to get somewhere unfortunately... I have another appointment booked with a different doctor so hopefully will get somewhere this time!

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Hi Sophie,
See your GP and tell him ALL your symptoms - write them down - then ask to be referred to your local Headache Clinic. They are usually run by Neurologists (something they are good at) and their staff and it is a perfectly reasonable request on your part. As you can tell I am in England - Yorkshire.
If your GP won't agree to this perfectly valid request after 10 years then register with a new one.
If you don't want to change you can complain to your Practice Manager in the first instance - that will be the Senior Doctor. Failing that you can complain to the NHS directly. Here, there is no excuse for shoddy GP services - that's left to Neuros and overworked Hospital Depts.

Dave.
sophiec is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (04-08-2015), Lara (04-08-2015)