View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 07:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

It's a good time for a little progress report. I've been on the B2 caps and B1 allithiamine for almost 2 weeks now. So, has anything changed?

Well my typing is almost back to my old normal. What has been throwing off my typing is a lack of timing between the fingers on my left vs right hand. That has decidedly continued to improve to the point where my speed is back. Maybe every couple of sentences I'll flub up but there is no doubt there is substantial improvement.

It's nice to have my sense of smell back to some degree and it may be improving as I go along. It seems like it's especially keen in the morning. It does make me realize though, that my taste is poor. I love Indian food, the spicier the better, and recently we out with a couple for nice meal. I added so much red pepper spice to my meal that even I couldn't believe it. Our waiter was a bit taken back by it too. Still, the flavor just wasn't there. I'm hopeful that my taste will improve but it's kind of funny .. without smell I didn't realize that my taste was faint.

Pain seems to be a good indicator for how much B2 I should take during the day. In general the more B2, the more pain and feeling I have. Most days I take 2 b2s, but when I'm planning on an active day I may only take 1 in an effort to minimize pains later. 3 B2 tabs (I'm still taking the 100 mg ones) make me hurt in my shoulders, neck, and knees. Hey, at least there's feeling there now so I'm not complaining.

My walking is fine. I can honestly say that I haven't had a single out of balance veering around while walking since I started on the allithiamine.

BTW, I did experiment with a large dose (500 mg) of conventional thiamine. I read that large doses of thiamine calm anxiety and I reasoned that less anxiety would produce less tremor. I find that my tremors seem to amplify with anxiety. I didn't feel a thing from it though. I may revisit this idea .. I think it might have some promise. From what I read you can do 3x500 a day for anxiety and it works. And it's side effect free too.

My eye focusing has improved but still has room for improvement. If I take my prami for restless legs then the next morning my focusing abilities are improved, and pretty good. That tells me that there is room for improvement and hopefully (eyes crossed) I'll have good mornings even without having taken the prami the day before. I'm kind of using this as a gauge for how I'm managing.

Speaking of prami, I am on a small dose for RLS .. .37mg a day. I hold back on my prami though and only take it when I need it, as in restless legs driving me or my wife crazy. I have definitely found that I'm using far less prami. This last week I had 2/3rds of my doses left in my pill case. I'm sure if I took all my prami I would feel better but I wouldn't be able to judge the changes so well.

So there you have it. I'm continuing with this B2 and allithiamine thing. It's working for me. Until something changes this is part of my daily routine.

I'm working on some new things to expand into but if they pan out I'll be starting up another thread for those.

Best of luck to everyone.

Last edited by BreezyRacer; 04-08-2015 at 08:00 PM. Reason: embellishment
BreezyRacer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
badboy99 (04-09-2015), lab rat (04-09-2015), Lana (04-09-2015), lurkingforacure (04-09-2015)