View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 08:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Root can/Sinus issues

Hi

Roughly 10 months ago after a routine check up I had my upper left wisdom tooth removed as it was in sideways & apparently causing my sinus some grief, it was quite a process. Once that was removed the dentist said the tooth next to it was badly decayed & was most likely the cause of the sinus issue. A root canal procedure was performed (I felt half of one of the procedures until more anaesthetic given).
In the few months after that I felt funny just above the area & under my eye, being winter & indoors would struggle with the left eye weeping etc & only upon fresh air would feel better.
Into spring & I was getting allergies which I had never got before & tired & miserable, post nasal drip, headaches etc. Then around xmas I got tonsillitis & once that cleared up bronchitis, & recently due to the headaches & pnd went back to the dr & he thought I had sinusitis so put me on more antibiotics for 8 weeks.

Recently I have had the pnd & every now & then sore throat & diarrhea. Then one day last week my upper left gum was swollen & one of the teeth there felt like it had it's own heart beat, it occurred to me re the wisdom tooth & root canal & it made sense that something there could be the cause to all my problems as it's the same area as a lot of the issues.

I went back to the same dentist & after he inspected & tapped on the upper teeth, the only one which was tender was the one which had the root canal done, he did one of the x rays that goes around your head.

He said that he was confused as the root canal looked fine but on the tooth next to it was a sinus infection above it & that he needed to consult with his senior colleague in what to do. He booked me in for next week & said most likely would need to do a root canal on the tooth next to the one which had the rc done.

I am worried as since I had the last rc done I have been not well & on antibiotics for sinus/upper respiratory problems, I have since read on the net that having the tooth extracted is the way to go as rc's can cause these sort of problems.

Sorry about the long post & any suggestions would be appreciated

Regards
Chalky74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote