View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 09:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Train Travel - Should we think this is a setback

I have tried to be very vigilant about what is going on with my hubby as he recovers. He has really seemed to be almost 100% the last couple of weeks. He is back to work full time and was having no symptoms. Actually feeling better than before, likely due to the added rest. He wasn't really 100% because he did have some restrictions on activity but it was just a matter of slowly returning to those activities so he did not bring on symptoms.

So, his doctor told him not to drive long distances yet. We had to get a new car and chose to get one through a friend that lives 15 hours away but, it is back home for us so coming to visit was a great idea. Instead of driving our car and then driving both cars back (because he wasn't allowed) we took a train. I didn't realize how rocky it would be. 17 hour trip.

Here is what I have seen this week and he isn't really sure it was concussion related or not so I thought I would ask for input here:
After getting off the train at 1 pm he felt like he was still moving for the rest of the day. Kind of like sea legs, which he has had before after a being on a boat. The sea legs just lasted for minutes after the boat thought and this feeling was until he went to sleep.
His whiplash neck pain returned almost to like the week after the accident over the next 2 days.
He did not experience any headaches or dizziness, just the off balance feeling for that one day.
He is more tired than last week and seems like he needs a nap after having a long conversation with a friend. Normally, as an extrovert, he is energized by those conversations. Because he did not sleep well on the train Sunday night, he isn't sure if it is concussion tired though. It doesn't seem quite the same but, the fatigue does seem a bit much for him.

We were hoping this trip would give him a brain break after Easter (he is a worship pastor) as he had only been back at work full time for 2 weeks but, it seems to be tiring him out instead.

Any thoughts or input.

Thanks

Oh and the car accident was on February 2nd.
krisgrt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote